Sunday, December 16, 2007

Finally

I was beginning to think it wasn't possible.

I haven't touched Eileen's shawl in over a month. Why? Because after numerous attempts, I could NOT get my head around how to knit on the edging.

With a little over a week until Christmas, I resolved that I H-A-D to get this done. So yesterday I picked it up again. And spent the day completely frustrated and in tears.

Seriously, I can follow a chart! I can knit! UGH.

UGH
UGH
UGH

OMG are you serious?

Well, you wanna know what it was? THE CHART IS BACKWARDS! You know who had to point this out to me?? Logan. The boy. The boy who doesn't knit. He says to me "Well, if the knitting is backwards when you knit it, then why don't you turn the chart around?" What? Read the chart...BACKWARDS?!?! Blasphemy.

But I'll be damned...it worked. And so, after a day of tears and much knit throwing...I have successfully knit the edging onto one side of Eileen's shawl. Tomorrow, I will tackle side two.

Wish me luck!

No comments: