Friday, October 26, 2007

Knitter's block..and not

Can't...work...on...shawl. It's driving me nuts and almost stressing me out that I can't get myself to work on this shawl. OMG. I finally figured out what it is about this project that driving me nuts. The pattern is too in between. I don't mind mindless patterns. They are great for the days I want to vedge in front of the TV and do nothing because I don't have to think about them. I also don't mind the harder patterns, where I really have to sit down and concentrate on what I'm doing. What bugs me is the in-between. The first 6 or 8 rows of this pattern are mindless, I can multi-task while I do them. They I get lost. It's not that the rows are hard, but I have to pay attention to which row I'm on so that I get the stitches right. I haven't found the "lamdmarks" in those rows yet to tell me I'm on the right path. GRRR. So I sit down and start a repeat and I get into other things, then WHAM I hit row 10 and I have to drop everything because I keep screwing up. It's SO frustrating. Anyway, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

That said, I'm officially 1/2 way through Logan's IHS. Problem is, I'm not sure that the two balls of yarn I have are going to make a long enough scarf. If anything it will only be an inch or two shorter than I would prefer, so I can hopefully get that much out of a wet block, though I was hoping to avoid blocking. Oh well.

In other news, I'm starting on Logan's other super secret project today. The willow is in the tub soaking, so we'll see.

Aaaaand, that's about it.

No comments: