Monday, October 8, 2007

Odessa

I just finished an Odessa from Magknits. While I really like it...I'm not sure that I will do another one...

Well, I mean, it was a super easy pattern, easy to remember and easy to execute. And the end product is really nice looking. Problem? I insisted on using beads that were technically too small for my semi-chunky yarn. But it's what I wanted hehehe. They are really cute on there and I love them and I'm glad I didn't compromise, but it took me a couple of hours to string them on and killed my fingers. I ended up having to use a thick cardstock to make a needle threader to thread the yarn through the beads since the hole in the beads wouldn't accomodate two widths of yarn and a needle. I know, I know this is my fault and not the hat's, but DAMN. Seriously, what a pain in the ass. And then, since the beads were tight on the yarn too, moving them as I knit was a huge pain in the ass too. Grr.

That said, I really do like the hat. I may end up breaking down and making another one. The color is so my mom that I may just give it to her and make myself one in another color. We'll see.

I'll take some pictures...at some point. I know, I know, this is what I'm alway the worst at...actually posting pictures of my FOs.

Oh, speaking of FOs, I finished a brown hat for Logan the other day. Yup, it's purty too. Sure, why not, I'll put it in the ever lengthening picture queue too.

I'm impossible.

No comments: