Monday, November 19, 2007

On Tedium


So, I'm a smart knitter. I can look at the pictures of a pattern and pretty much get the idea of what's going on. So, why oh why am I so shocked by the Koolhaas pattern?

Looking at the picture - suuure, easy 2x2 ribbing, pretty lattice work, that's most likely cables. Yeah. let's talk about 104 stitches worked completely in 1 stitch cables. OH.MY.GOD. I seriously wanted to rip my eyes out this morning. The effect is gorgeous, but this may not have been the best project to do FOR SOMEONE ELSE. I'm a selfish knitter. I don't mind knitting for other people, but honestly, things that require tons of my time, energy, and occasionally tons of my frustration, I want to keep. They should be mine. LOL

So, really, I'm just kinda bitching. This is a lovely pattern, and in all honesty, once I got past the tedium of the first row, it's not really all that bad. I'm through the first pattern repeat and the pattern is developing very nicely. I'm slightly concerned that I won't want to give it away, but I'll cross the bridge when I get there LMAO

1 comment:

Anne said...

can I just say, I'm having serious issues with this pattern? It's really hard for me to wrap my mind around the notion that I need to pay attention to a HAT every second (unlike lace where I sort of expect it). I've frogged mine multiple times and end up going right back to the ribbing ....

grr.