Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The things every knitter wants hear

So, I had an interesting experience last night.

Logan was being really needy last night. The problem was, he wasn't being very communicative about it, so he just kinda got pouty about it. Anyway, he finally asks me if I can knit with his head in my lap. Well, c'mon, I can knit with the 12 pound dog in my lap, I'm pretty sure I can knit with a 12 pound head in my lap. (Incidentally, I know that the human head only weighs 10 pounds on average, but Logan has an abnormally large head...anyways) So, he asks if I will knit while he lays in my lap.

Of course, I had to ask why. Well, apparently, my boy enjoys the same things about knitting that I do. He says, specifically, that he likes to listen to the sound. He likes the clinking of the needles and the sound of the yarn sliding. He said it relaxes him and he really likes it.

Wow. Seriously? A (non-knitting) boy who understands the zen that us knitters know so well? Just wow.

I was completely blow away.

1 comment:

Dame Wendy said...

That's adorable. Very, very cool.